Growing up, one of my favorite holiday traditions was unpacking all of my family ornaments to hang on the tree. No matter how many years I unwrapped the same ones, I’d always get the same warm feeling as if I was seeing my great grandmother’s crocheted outhouse for the very first time. An ornament that always stuck out to me was a pregnant Momma bunny (LOL, what?) that my own Momma got when she was pregnant with me. It was so special to hang up every year and I always hoped to find something just like it when I was starting my own family. Of course I couldn’t find any “expecting” ornaments this year, and definitely not a bunny with a baby bump, so I decided to take things into my own puffy hands.
Whether you started decking the halls before Halloween or are skipping the tree altogether and decorating a pineapple instead, there’s room for this sweet little ornament in everyone’s holiday traditions. Not only can you get it done in less than 10 minutes, it’ll cost you less than $10, and your skill set doesn’t need to be anywhere near a level 10.
- Wooden Ornament-any shape will do just fine! I found this heart that already had the intentions of becoming some type of ornament at Michaels.
- Paint Marker(s)
- Mini Cookie Cutters
- No idea why the scissors are in the picture, didn’t use ’em!
- Undo the twine or ribbon on your ornament
- Grab a paint marker, write “Cookie Baking” and the year if you’re feelin’ it…
- Using the original twine or ribbon, fasten the mini cookie cutter to the wooden ornament
For under $10 in less than 10 minutes, this is a sweet treat you can make for all the expecting bunnies on your list.
P.S. I totally found an ornament in Target as soon as I hung this baby on our tree. Yes, I bought it, and I can’t wait for our son to help hang them both on our family tree for many years to come.